Wednesday, October 15, 2003

STRIKE!

Well, the supermarket workers are on strike down here in Southern California, home of the MRJEFF3000 organization. We thought about unpacking our megaphone and black armband (oh, the memories, of Seattle and the WTO, and before that, occupying the dean's office in '69. And, of course, that unpleasantness in Haymarket Square. So don't you question our credentials, Mr. Establishment!), but instead settled for shopping at Trader Joe's. The People! United! and all that. (All kidding aside, I'm going to have to look around for my grocery shopping in the short term. Official MRJEFF3000 policy is: don't cross the picket line.)

I dunno. I like the proletariat, sure, but my cultural values are solidly with the bourgeoisie. Anyway. To make up for the guilt I downloaded several versions of the Internationale.

So come brothers and sisters
For the struggle carries on
The internationale
Unites the world in song
So comrades come rally
For this is the time and place
The international ideal
Unites the human race


Can I get that in Esperanto?

No comments: