Monday, July 28, 2003

Cha-ching!

From: THE DESK OF MRS. COMFORT OKOCHA
The Board of Eco International
Bank with head office in Lagos,
Nigeria.
Date: 26th/July/2003

President Ceo,

Permit me to introduce myself. I am Mrs.Comfort Okocha, a member
of The Board of Eco International Bank with head office in
Lagos, Nigeria.
I am the executive director in charge of Accounts and
Managements Department of the bank.

The Board of directors have mandated me to contact the next of
kin to our late client Mr. Ramash Hoh, may his soul rest in
peace. Mr. Hoh died in a ghastly auto accident on his way from
vacation along with members of his family, on the 21st of April
last 2002 year, and all efforts to contact his immediate family
members have been in vain,Mr. Hoh is a Malaysian citizen and the
Managing Director of Deep Blue Sea Services, his company was
involved in Oil exploration and drilling in Nigeria.

The late Mr. Hoh had both current and saving accounts with us,
estimated at, US $41,500,000 ($41.5Million) and I happen to be
his account manager when we received the unfortunate information
about his death and of his family members, we contacted his
country embassy to assist us to locate members of his family
back home in Malaysia, so that they can come forward to claim
his funds, but unfortunately after three months, the embassy
informed us that all efforts to trace his immediate family was
unsuccessful.

It was at this point that we decided to notify the Nigerian
authorities in line with laid down regulations. The authorities
then instructed our bank to place the fund in a special account
until the relatives of Mr. Hoh are found, which we did, but the
events of the last two weeks made the Board of our bank to hold
an emergency meeting to decide on what step to take.

The Federal Government of Nigeria wrote to us giving us till the
end of August this year 2003 to locate the relatives of the late
Mr. Hoh and release the funds to them or the money will be used
to assist the rebel forces in both Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone.

Our bank was not happy about this development because we felt
the money should be used to support charity organizations and
improve the poor health care system among other decaying social
infrastructures here. I then decided to act very fast to
intercept the government from their inhumane intentions. It was
at this point that I was mandated to contact you with the hope
that you will understand the urgency of this situation and
assist us prevent the government from achieving their selfish
intentions.

I have made arrangements that your acceptance to cooperate with
us, I shall present you as the next of kin to the late Mr. Hoh.
So that the money will be released to you. Your nationality does
not matter as we have arranged provisions,as you could be an
uncle from his mothers side which equally makes you the next of
kin.I shall provide you with the vital informations about the
late Mr. Hoh as contained in our file. I have decided that 20%
of the money will go to Charity homes while the rest will be
shared between you and us.Some of the benefiting charity homes
will be nominated by you in your country while I shall nominate
the rest from my country.

Also my share will be invested for me for a period of two years
by you in any profit making venture you may decide and you will
be absolutely free to use your share in whatever you decide.

Sir, should you be interested to assist in this matter kindly
send to me your private Telephone and fax numbers for safe
communications. I however, want to assure you that your
in your ability to effectively handle this matter successfully.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you need additional
information or any clarifications so that we do not waste
anytime.

I thank you very much while I look forward to your anticipated
prompt response.

Best regards.
Mrs.Comfort Okocha

A couple of new twists on this old favorite. It's good to see the scammers keeping up with current events.

No comments: