Friday, May 06, 2005

Lawsuit mp3s!

Here's how the internet is a beautiful thing:

This morning I read an Ask Metafilter thread about a snoring neighbor. Somebody (perhaps jokingly) suggests, among other courses of action, filing a noise complaint. This reminds me about the old news story from my hometown of Davis, about a woman who was cited for snoring too loud. While looking up the particulars, I come across the Noise Violation page of the Davis Wiki. One of the people commenting on this page is Bev Sykes, mother of several of the members of the band Lawsuit, which was the best local band of the late eighties - early nineties. The band broke up in 1996, and lead singer Paul Sykes died in 1999, but -- miracle of miracles! -- they've put their albums online. (I've had Kind of Brown, Emergency Third Rail Power Trip and the Lawsuit EP ever since they came out, but I'd thought that I would never hear any of the old pre-CD music again.)

And so that's how I rediscovered "Into the Night," "The Disco Song" and "Days of Our Lives" and had a happy Friday.

No comments: