Saturday, July 13, 2002

When I moved to Los Angeles two years ago, I knew next to no one. For a while it seemed my circle of friends would be limited to a small handful of coworkers and friends of friends. It was hard to meet new people. I met with a few acquaintances for monthly dinners, small house parties, and outings, and before long we had a healthy group of friends and newcomers, all of whom began asking, "When is your next event?"
Being probably the most gregarious person I have ever met, my ex-roommate's girlfriend founded the Los Angeles People Connection as a way to ease her transition from Las Vegas to LA. Impressively, it's still going strong. Their current project is Guerilla Theater, a night of six plays written, cast, rehearsed and performed within the span of 24 hours.

No comments: